Hey you! Don't eat that, eat this!

Every year, around late September or early October, pumpkin season starts. When I was a kid, there wasn't much pumpkin flavored foods... pie and bread were really about it.
Then at some point a few years back, somebody realized that pumpkin is a flavor that can be used for all sorts of wacky treats! This blog is primarily about those pumpkin items.
Typically, if it's pumpkin flavored, I will try it. If it has pumpkin in the name, there is a strong chance I will try it. The weirder, the more fun.
In order for this to not be a September - December only blog, I'll also highlight other weird foods (typically prepackaged, mass produced stuff) as well. There will also be a healthy dose of beer reviews.
Wanna suggest something? EMAIL Fido!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

See's Candies Pumpkin Spice Lollipops


Okay, so there are actually a bunch of things that I got LAST year (2008) that I never got posted. So, I'll be mixing in last year's finds with this year's.
See's Candies makes some pretty good stuff. The truffles from last year were quite good. I also got these Pumpkin Spice Lollipops. Pumpkin lollipops? Who wouldn't want that??!?!

They kind of look like a big caramel block on a stick and are a hard but slightly malleable substance. The taste is interesting. It's not quite pumpkin, but more of a caramel with some creamy, spiced flavor. I found myself unable to stop eating the thing once I started. If you concentrated on it, you could pretty easily convince yourself it tasted like pumpkin, although in the half hour I spent eating it, I was reading sports blogs so I wasn't paying that close attention to the taste. It still tasted pretty good though. It got better and better as it went along.

See's has them available again this year, so at least I'm not talking about something that you could only get last year.

No comments: