Hey you! Don't eat that, eat this!

Every year, around late September or early October, pumpkin season starts. When I was a kid, there wasn't much pumpkin flavored foods... pie and bread were really about it.
Then at some point a few years back, somebody realized that pumpkin is a flavor that can be used for all sorts of wacky treats! This blog is primarily about those pumpkin items.
Typically, if it's pumpkin flavored, I will try it. If it has pumpkin in the name, there is a strong chance I will try it. The weirder, the more fun.
In order for this to not be a September - December only blog, I'll also highlight other weird foods (typically prepackaged, mass produced stuff) as well. There will also be a healthy dose of beer reviews.
Wanna suggest something? EMAIL Fido!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Archer Farms Pumpkin Pie Yogurt


This is the third year I've seen this Pumpkin Pie yogurt from Archer Farms. The last two years, it sucked. It wasn't good pumpkin and it wasn't even good yogurt.

For whatever reason, I decided to try it again this year. Maybe I'm crazy (quite possible) or they've improved this thing this time around. It's still pretty tangy, but the pumpkin flavor shines through. It's thicker than most mass produced yogurts. It's almost a custard. This is pretty much a dessert. I thoroughly enjoyed it this time around. I might even buy another.

I found two other flavors when I got the pumpkin. Caramel apple was okay, but it lacked much apple flavor and the caramel reminded me more of some kind of mocha. The apple cider largely tasted like a light apple flavored yogurt. There is also a sugar cookie flavor that I found recently, but I haven't gotten to that one yet. I'll let ya' know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate pumpkin pie, but bought Archer Farms pumpkin yogurt for my roommate, thinking it might be a decent substitute. He hated it, I loved it! I haven't been able to find it since that first time, three years ago. I think it must have been either WalMart or Target, but haven't seen it at either sinc then. Got any ideas?

Goodyear, AZ

John Lamberth said...

Archer Farms is a Target brand (their upscale brand as opposed to "Market Pantry"). I saw this one last year, but I haven't seen it at all this year. Not sure if they just aren't making it this year or what.